What is Calibra?
OAnother of Facebook's recent creations is Calibra. This is one entity de regulation of the entire ecosystem Libra. This means that Calibra will have functions very similar to the current ones benches Central. Weird, no?. A "central bank" for a cryptocurrency goes against everything the community proclaims cripto. But the truth is, in the context of Libra this makes a lot of sense and that is that as we have said, Libra is not a cryptocurrency.
At this point, the goal of this company is ensuring that Libra achieves its business objectives and has the necessary support so that nothing stops it. For this, Calibra will serve to legally differentiate Facebook from Libra and Calibra's operations and all that ecosystem. In addition to this, this company becomes the working link between Libra and policy makers of this currency digital.
What is the relationship between Libra, Calibra and Facebook?
Facebook has introduced Calibra as the "Company that actually developed Libra". However, all Calibra staff is a template that in one way or another is related to Facebook. Following the introduction of Libra, Calibra has released the Libra Core source code so that it can be accessed by anyone. Nevertheless, Libra Core is only a very small part of Libra and much of the development around it is private.
This situation is ideal for Facebook and Calibra as its objective is control the entire Libra ecosystem in any of its aspects. For these reasons, Libra is in a complete and centralized dependence on Calibra. In other words, Calibra is the one who, together with the Libra Association companies, decides the destination of Libra down to the smallest detail.
Thus, Libra's development is far from being an open and decentralized process like the ones that enjoy cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin o Ethereum. In fact, if you wanted to participate in development, you could only do it on a small part of the system. Meanwhile, the rest are kept in a black box away from the eyes of the public.
The responsibilities? by Calibra
Given Libra's reach, Calibra has in principle a number of "Responsibilities" who seek not only "Protect the consumer", but also respond to the regulations of the different countries where the Facebook currency and its own interests will operate. These responsibilities include:
- Protect and maintain "Privacy" of the personal and financial data of Libra and Calibra users on any of its user platforms.
- Create mechanisms to enforce local and international law and thus prevent crimes of any kind on the Libra platform.
- Partnership with payment system providers to share information and facilitate the use of Libra, respecting privacy and preventing crimes in said payment mechanisms.
- Create education and care mechanisms for Calibra users.
Certainly reading this we think that the work of the company is laudable, but Nothing further from the truth. The really true thing is that:
- Calibra has the power to use your financial data and associate it with your profile of social network Facebook to make a more accurate data metric of your person and activities. The Spruce Hermano at a level never seen before and not even imagined in the worst scenarios.
- The company can not only spy on your financial data, but also may forbid you to use their currency without notice.
- Law enforcement and the fight against terrorism are effective arguments commonly used to control everything and violate your privacy at any time.
- Calibra and Facebook see a very tempting business opportunity with which to attract users, from which they will mine and exploit all their economic data.
Calibrate, unresolved fears and doubts
First of all one of the main fears of the community and users regarding Calibra is its association with Facebook. The two companies are certainly completely autonomous, but the fact that it was born from the efforts of Facebook raises suspicions in users. Facebook's record of respect for privacy is virtually non-existent. This has caused a strong aversion to the project and has sparked different criticisms.
Eg Mark Zuckerberg ha "promised" that Libra and Calibra will respect the privacy of their users. This has been presented by Zuckerberg as follows:
However, the highest cost was for the planet. Only one of these wee wee pads takes approximately XNUMX years to decompose. Putting ourselves in the best of cases, a dog uses XNUMX pad daily for only XNUMX years of his life, so when he is a puppy and when he is elder he would use XNUMX soakers in total. If we take into account that only in Spain there are XNUMX million dogs, mostly of mini race, with greater tendency to use wee wee pads and assuming that at least XNUMX% use them, we are talking about a figure of XNUMX wee wee pads that are used daily. Tons and tons of waste are thrown daily to the planet so that our dog does not spoil our house. This is false. Checking between responsibilities presented by Calibra, we can observe the following: